The last time I was here at the farm, I decided to try my hand with indigo again. The first time I tried this - almost a year ago to the day - wasn't very successful. The cloth turned blue, a pale forget-me-not blue. It was pretty. But not what I'd hoped for.
I only have a few ounces of indigo powder, so my vat is limited. A glass specimen jar. With not even enough dye to sufficiently cover the small pieces of cloth that I'm adding. And I know that's not how it's supposed to be done. Particularly with indigo. But there.
This time, I added a secret ingredient ;) I prepared a couple of pieces of seconded muslin and popped them in. Then I went away for 3 weeks. And here are the results.
I really like the one on the right.
Now I know that I can get indigo to do something for me at least, I'm going to try and improve my techniques. But first of all, I will have to find a way to get more indigo powder and enough muslin to keep at with!